Australian WYD Committee
The Australian WYD Committee exists in order to support and resource a range of Australian groups in attending WYD Rio 2013.
The committee will focus on five portfolio areas which include the following strategies:
- Promotion: posters, flyers/postcards, animations, advocacy tools, communication strategies.
- Pilgrimage Logistics: travel coordination, registration management, duty of care and behavioural guidelines, critical incident response.
- Spiritual Preparation: preparation programs, local celebration kits, prayer and music resources, pilgrimage journals.
- National Identity: merchandising, Australian gathering in Rio de Janeiro, photo competitions, Australian flag campaign.
- Policy: duty of care including mental health, risk management, pilgrim selection criteria.
The Australian WYD Committee is chaired by Selina Hasham, who has been involved in Australia’s WYD journey over the past 17 years. Committee members come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences including diocese, movements, schools and Communities.
WYD Committee (L-R): Jake Ryan, Malcolm Hart, Anita Parker, Brendan Lindsay, Robyn Craig, Fr Richard Healey, Gabrielle Sinclair, Philip Ryall, Anthony Cleary, Michael Hart, Selina Hasham
Resources provided by the Australian WYD Committee will be accessible free of charge, or provided at an affordable price (e.g. merchandise), to all pilgrimage coordinators travelling with the Official Tour Operator.